Mark R. Gillingham
Mark graduated summa cum laude from Illinois College and earned his law degree from Southern Illinois University School of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. Following law school, Mark served the public for five years as a McLean County Assistant Public Defender and Sangamon County Assistant State’s Attorney. He is a seasoned litigator having prosecuted and defended hundreds of cases during that time. Mark returned to his hometown of Carrollton in 2018 to form Gillingham Law Office with his father, Richard. Mark’s courtroom and trial experience has refined his effectiveness in serving as a zealous advocate capable of handling a wide variety of complex legal matters for his clients.
Mark lives in Carrollton with his wife and daughter. In his free time, he volunteers as a Huddle Leader for the Carrollton High School Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He also serves as a volunteer for the Lawyer’s Assistance Program which helps judges, lawyers and law students with substance abuse addiction and mental health issues.
Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2012
- Juris Doctor
- Moot Court Board Member
Illinois College, 2009 (Summa Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Men’s Basketball (ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lawyer’s Assistance Program
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois College Trustee Scholarship Selection Committee
- Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame
- U.S. District Court-Central District of Illinois